On July 22, 2014, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was signed into law, reauthorizing WIOA through 2020. WIOA opens the door to states’ greater use of sector partnerships and career pathway models and includes higher levels of accountability and outcome data reporting. This page contains overview materials, as well as news, analysis, and recommendations for states looking to use WIOA to provide high-quality skills training and embark on an inclusive WIOA planning and implementation process.
- Realizing Innovation and Opportunity in WIOA: Implementing the Playbook for Creating Effective State Plans
- Engagement Matters: A Case Study of Chicago Jobs Council's WIOA Engagement Activities
- WIOA Side-by-Side Comparison of Occupational Training and Adult Literacy Provisions
- Realizing Innovation and Opportunity in WIOA: A Playbook for Creating Effective State Plans Report & Webinar
- Getting Started: Planning for WIOA in Your State
- Engagement Matters: A Case Study of New Jersey's WIOA Planning Process
- Aligned by Design webinar series: Explores how states can align WIOA with key human capital investments