Realizing Innovation and Opportunity in WIOA: A Playbook for Creating Effective State Plans
National Skills Coalition hosted a webinar on how states can develop WIOA state plans that close the skill gap and help workers and businesses succeed. The webinar was preceded by the release of a companion NSC report as part of NSC's Realizing Innovation and Opportunity in WIOA initiative. Through both of these resources you’ll learn:
- Ways that state plans can effectively support strategies encouraged and/or required in the new legislation including sector partnerships, career pathways, data/credential measurement, and job driven investments
- Examples of existing state plan language that can support these strategies.
- Strategies for authentic stakeholder engagement in the state planning process.
In addition, the webinar includes a brief overview of the timeline and opportunities for stakeholders to weigh in on the federal regulatory and guidance process.
- Bryan Wilson, State Policy Director, National Skills Coalition
- Angela Hanks, Senior Federal Policy Analyst, National Skills Coalition
- Brooke DeRenzis, State Policy Analyst, National Skills Coalition
- Amy Wallace, Assistant Director of Workforce Innovation, California Workforce Investment Board